Denial of Visitation


If your right to visitation time with your children has been infringed, you have rights. In the state of Illinois, the intentional denial of a parent's court ordered parenting time is a crime.


If your rights have been denied, contact an attorney immediately to protect your rights. If you have been violating a court order by denying your former spouse their visitation time with the children, contact an attorney to learn how to take appropriate steps to deal with any problems you may be having.


To speak with an experienced family law attorney about a child custody or visitation issue in the suburbs of Chicago, contact our law firm.


Failure To Pay Child Support Is Not An Excuse


In the state of Illinois, a parent may not deny court-ordered visitation to their former spouse for a failure to pay child support. A parent that is owed support may retain an attorney to enforce the court order and appropriate legal steps may be taken to secure child support. However, you may not take the law into your own hands by denying court ordered visitation.


If your right to visitation is being denied or you have denied visitation because of child support, the best thing to do is to contact an experienced family law attorney who can advise you of your legal rights and responsibilities. Contact us to learn more. We offer a free consultation.


What If Child Abuse Or Neglect Is Suspected?


Even if you feel that child abuse or neglect is an issue, you must take appropriate steps within the law. If you are concerned about abuse or neglect, contact our law firm today. We can take immediate steps to protect your child, including a motion for a protective order. If abuse is suspected, a person may obtain an emergency protective order that provides fast relief and protection.


Is Your Visitation Being Denied? Contact Us Today for Help!


If your spouse refuses to comply with the terms of a court order, we can help. We can seek the enforcement of your court ordered visitation rights and may seek additional remedies as well. In limited cases we may even be able to make a motion for a change of custody.


To speak with an Illinois family lawyer at our firm about a child custody or visitation issue of any kind, contact Thomas W. Hunter, P.C..